Ghana Card, TIN required for registration of new companies — Registrar General

The Registrar-General’s Department (RGD) says effective Thursday, April 1, 2021, all clients registering new companies should provide both their National Identification Number (Ghana Card) and the Tax Identification Number (TIN) for the process.

A statement signed by Mrs. Jemima Oware, the Registrar-General, said the TIN would only be generated in the RGD offices temporarily in the transitional period, which ends on April 30, 2021.

However, the National Identification Authority (NIA) would mount a desk at the RGD premises to issue Ghana Card to clients who were only registering their businesses and not for any other purposes.

“This measure has become necessary following the President’s 2021 State of the Nation Address in Parliament in which he indicated that all National Identification Numbers would become Tax Identification Number (TIN) and SSNIT numbers,” the statement said.

It said the directive applied to all registration types, namely; companies limited by shares and by guarantee, unlimited liability companies, partnerships, sole proprietorships, subsidiary business names, and external companies.

The statement said clients were to note that Business Registration Forms would not be processed without the Ghana Card and advised them to desist from dealing with middlemen (goro boys) when registering their businesses.

“Please visit our website to download Registration Forms, complete them before submitting it at any of the Registrar-General’s Department Offices across the Country. For inquiries, please contact the Public Relations Unit on 055-765-3130,” the statement said.

Source: Ghana News Agency


Ghanaweb Onine is dedicated to bringing you news from various media groups in Ghana,Africa and around the world to keep you informed and educated as you go about your daily lives. Disclaimer: The views of each article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not reflect that of Ghana web online.We are not responsible for any misinformation or incorrect statement. If you need any more clarification on an article please direct them to the original source.All contents belong to their respective owners we do not own it.

Related Articles

Back to top button