Tech

7-year-old swallows AirPod he got as Christmas gift

A mother in Georgia rushed her 7-year-old to the emergency room after he swallowed an AirPod he received as a Christmas gift.

Although X-rays revealed the wireless headset device in the boy’s stomach, doctors at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egelston told mother Kiara Stroud that the AirPod should pass through her son’s body on its own after a few days.

Stroud was at her job delivering mail when she got a call from her mother saying that she was en route to the hospital. 

“I immediately U-turned my truck,” Stroud told told ABC Atlanta affiliate WSB.

Although her son was “very nervous” according to his mother and fearful of getting too close to his phone, lest the devices connect and start playing inside him, Stroud is relieved that her second grader is okay.

“Everything is fine and in a few days it will pass through,” she said.

|ABC NEWS

Tags
Show More

GWO

Ghanaweb Onine is dedicated to bringing you news from various media groups in Ghana,Africa and around the world to keep you informed and educated as you go about your daily lives. Disclaimer: The views of each article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not reflect that of Ghana web online.We are not responsible for any misinformation or incorrect statement. If you need any more clarification on an article please direct them to the original source.All contents belong to their respective owners we do not own it.

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close